Five ball juggling
Do you have a lot to make sense of? We do our best to create an elegant blend of strategic consulting, critical problem solving and methods for complex collaboration into a hybrid solution. When you engage in a conversation with our team about the possibility of working us, it’s not one of us facilitating conversation at the front of the room – although that may be a part of what happens. What we do is more “about” understanding and acting on the future state that may exist as a mere flicker in your mind’s eye or be your raging vision of a better tomorrow. Working with you and your colleagues, we endeavour to bring that glimmer to greater clarity for you and all concerned as well as doing all that needs to be done so that that first inkling of a better future is improved through collaboration and brought to life quickly.
Riding the Dragon
Is complexity keeping you awake at night? If you’re curious that there might be a “better way” for transforming complexity and resistance to change into clarity on how to proceed and the wide reaching commitment of your stakeholders, give us a call or send us an email – we’d love to whiteboard how we would get you to your brighter, better, healthier future. And if we you agree we offer value, the conversation can continue.
Here are some of the things that you might be in need of when you arrive at our doorstep. These are typical of calls we receive where clients use their own words to describe their challenges – from the everyday to the exceptional.
Reasons people call us:
- We know we need to collaborate, but what we are doing is not giving us the results that we need.
- We need a Strategic Plan that has everyone engaged and acting on a Common Purpose.
- Can you take our exectives to a better place.
- Can you help us get approval and funding for our initiative.
- We need to prioritize the next best things to do from amonst a sea of options and within a host of constraints.
- We need to quadruple our pipeline of new product/service innovations. Not just “brainstorming” . We need a sustainable process for making fast choices about about tangible ideas, with informative business cases and action plans for everything that makes sense.
- We’ve built our application, service or infrastructure – but user adoption just is not there – and we desperately need user adoption – quickly.
- We need 100% participative engagement on a few key issues from a group of 200 stakeholders (or less).
- We want to have a partnership conversation with organization x – but we don’t want a “Barney Partnership” (I love you – you love me – but nothing ever happens). Can you help us determine, in one day or less, whether there’s any point in partnering? If so, what do we do right now to harvest the benefits of working together?
- I have to host a Federal / Provincial / Territorial Working Group – and I’m tired of wasting time. Can you do something so that we actually get real work done?
- We need stakeholder engagement. There’s hundreds/thousands/tens of thousands…and we need to engage them meaningfully – so that we understand the essence of what they are saying, and so that our actions clearly reflect that we have heard them.
- We bought a company / sold a division / decided to downsize / decided to amalgamate / whatever – and we are really scared of the potential people issues. Help!
- “Breaker 1-9, breaker 1-9, we have a 10-33”…we have a situation that is totally out of control. We’re at, or heading to, front page National News or possibly to court. We need someone in here immediately who can turn this ship around. Mayday, mayday…
Other Dragons we have gotten to know
We like systems thinking and therefore strive to always take a whole system view of things. Our view of change management and communications is that it has to be nudged into every aspect of an initiative from the very beginning. We refer to this end to end approach as the CT Change Continuum and it helps us to understand how what needs to be done to achieve transformation will evolve over the life of the work and the views of stakeholders change.
You can read more about the CT Change Continuum here, but in simple terms, we have structured this continuum as a six-part process: Ideation /Plan / Design / Build / Implement, and an underlying Governance Structure. We can help with one part of the process or provide the end-to-end solution. Our modular approach provides continuous oversight through an integrated change and project management plan while sound governance ensures a comprehensive view into the evolving continuum of change; communicating, managing, monitoring and adjusting course if and as necessary.
Clicking on each of the links below will open a set of case studies where we have applied this particular service element.
- Creating Innovative Outcome Focused Policy
- Innovative Product Design & Development
- Executive Awareness
- Strategic Plan
- Prioritization within Constraints
- Integrated Operational Plans
- Marketing and Business Development Plans
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Federal/Provincial/Territorial Workshops
- User Adoption
- Program Launch
- Collaborative Change and Project Management
- Organizational Restructuring
- Communications Strategy
- Collaborative Change Management
- Capacity Building
- Collaborative Governance
- Collaborative Stage-Gate Program Evaluation
- Forensic insight